Who I am
I'm a web developer and analyst, working on data analysis and presentation, media management and ecommerce. I create and upgrade sites, using analytics tools to see how users use them and what can be done to meet their needs better.
What I can do
On the analytics front, google analytics is my main tool. I construct pictures of who a site's users are and what they do, to glean insights about how to improve their experience and find them what they need.
What I'm working on
Currently working on Economywide, a tool for jobseekers, policymakers and journalists to get better information about employment and the economy. Building a network of print-on-demand stores for Motherlode Media. Also exploring a visualisation of the world's electricity production system.
What I've done recently(Click arrows for more, or see all details )
- Part of the team at Motherlode Media creating promotional sites for National Geographic.
- Helped Intatex to attract new customers and improve their engagement with current ones by implementing a new ecommerce framework with custom modules.
- I moved the site linked to above from an outdated custom built PHP system to opencart, to improve the flow of the site and help SEO. I wrote several custom modules to sync product data between this new site and other sites owned by the business. I also developed an email system for another site to message customers relevant messages at appropriate points in the customer journey, and a discount manager to enable the site admins to apply discounts to individual products and customers on an ad hoc basis.
- Created a digital asset migration tool for Motherlode Media ( > 90,000 digital assets).
- Existing digital asset management software was a custom build that was difficult to maintain. It contained over 100,000 images and had no export functionality, so Motherlode Media asked me to develop a migration tool that could be used to migrate this and other systems, e.g. Filemaker, to resourcespace so they could migrate other applications the same way.
- I developed a PHP application to extract the files and metadata from the existing system, convert them into the right format, and insert them into resourcespace.
- Created a custom gallery scroller wordpress plugin for Webholism.
- I customised an existing jQuery plugin to add functionality including infinite scroll, support for different media types, improved cross-browser compatibility and an admin screen written in PHP.
- Created and customised several health related websites for Messagewright, including Cancer Prevention Society and Policy from Science.
- Created a new website for Collioure Cottage.
- Created a new website for Peoplevox.